Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default fridge 15W SES blulb

In article ,
"Toby" writes:

Surely a 15W lamp is going to be running at the same temperature as any
other filament lamp at the same voltage?

No, there's a range of temperatures filament lamps operate over.

If the "special appliance" lamp is also 15w, but produces less light, it
would throw out even more heat!?

A 15W mains filament lamp is so inefficient, that you can regard it
as generating 100% heat to a first approximation.

I've often thought that microwave ovens should simply have an
electrodeless fluorescent lamp inside for lighting, powered by
the microwaves. I expect the field intensity varies too much
depending on how much food is in there, and as it goes around
on the turn table, so it would just go up and down in intensity.

--
Andrew Gabriel