Posted to uk.d-i-y
Toby Toby is offline

Default fridge 15W SES blulb

wrote:
gazz wrote:
"Stephen" wrote in message

I ask because I saw a pair of 15W pygmy bulbs for �2 in a
supermarket today and next to it one fridge bulb, which looked
identical, for �2.

so you can buy a twin pack of normal bulbs, use one of them in the
fridge, if it dosent last long you can use the 'spare' untill that
goes too and you go out and buy the fridge bulb.

or the normal bulb does work, and when it finaly blows in 3 or 4
years time, you cant find the 'spare' one so have to buy 2 more
anyway.

personaly i'd just buy the fridge bulb and be done with it for the
ammount of times you have to change a fridge bulb.

Appliance lamps tend to run at lower filament temp, producing less
light and lasting much longer. But yes, cheaper ones do work ok, they
just dont last as well..

NT

Surely a 15W lamp is going to be running at the same temperature as any
other filament lamp at the same voltage?

If the "special appliance" lamp is also 15w, but produces less light, it
would throw out even more heat!?

Toby...