Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair
Peter Hucker Peter Hucker is offline

Default Electrolytics question - update

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 06:11:45 -0000, flipper wrote:

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 04:10:56 +0000, Eeyore
wrote:

flipper wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
Peter Hucker wrote:

Maybe he is ioncompetant. I have zero problems with Vista.

Aside from the fact it runs slower than XP on the same hardware

You're not supposed to put newer software on old equipment. Memory is cheap, just add some.

So much for Microsoft's marketing strategy of selling upgrade
versions, eh?

Under your theory, what is the point of buying faster hardware to run
slower software so you end up where you started?

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Pay more for worse.

When the opportunity arises I'd like to convert whatever company I end up as Senior Designer for
again (or better) to Linux. Free O/S, free Apps.

That's a viable option but don't expect all your problems to go away.
Linux just exchanges one set for another.

On the original complaint, the problem with Vista is it attempts to be
too 'user friendly' making it as difficult as possible to manually
configure.

Mac OS is like what you just said. But I've found Vista does let you override things if you need to.

The problem with Linux is it's a disjointed hodgepodge that makes it
difficult for anyone less than a 'Pro' to configure.

Agreed. Plus, it's a lot easier to stick to a popular OS, then you get more apps for it, more support, more drivers, etc, etc.

Most of the major 'free' apps (openoffice, gimp, etc) are also
available for Windows, or something similar is.

Last time I tried openoffice it was even less stable than a M$ product!

One of the first things you learn on your honeymoon is,
when you're carrying your bride over the threshold, always go in sideways,
unless of course two broken ankles and a concussion turn you on.