Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jon Fairbairn Jon Fairbairn is offline

Default Washer/dryer as dryer only

Martin Pentreath writes:

On 7 Dec, 01:41, wrote:
uncertainsmile wrote:
Hi could someone please tell me if I run a washer/dryer as a dryer
only, do I still need both hot and cold connections to the rear? Can I
take both of them off? Thanks to any replies.

Jon

You'd need cold feed and drainage connected. 2 in 1 machines tend to
take less clothes.
Much better imho:http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index....=Clothes_Dryer

NT

In the DIY wiki article it says: "The John Lewis heat pump tumble
dryer claims 2.1kWh per 5kg cycle." There's a link to the John Lewis
website, but it's broken, and the search engine is useless. Anyone
know exactly which model this is?

I don't, but selecting options to get to John Lewis brand
tumble dryers turns up only three models, only two of which
are condensing. This one
http://www.johnlewis.com/230475118/Product.aspx is
reckoned to do 7kg with 2.4kWh, so I'd guess they've changed
the models. Look at the price though!

--
Jón Fairbairn
http://www.chaos.org.uk/~jf/Stuff-I-dont-want.html (updated 2008-04-26)