Posted to alt.home.repair
shebaaa[_2_] shebaaa[_2_] is offline

Default Mold remediation companies - update

One of the biggest problems I found is that the industry doesn't seem to
have much oversight. In my state, they just passed a law (goes into
effect in 2010) that mold remed companies must have home improvement
licenses; they don't now. There seem to be lots and lots of "air
quality" and "water damage" organizations that have their own sets of
certifications, although some of them sound rather like the "close
matchbook before striking" types of schools. And the biggest problem is
there are no "standards" of what any of the readings should be. There
are only "industry guidelines" and even those don't seem to be published
anywhere that the public can find them. So if one of my readings is
1500, and the outside tester says that is "within guidelines", I can't
find out if I'm one spore below the limit or a thousand.

just what we need more government oversight.