Posted to alt.cellular.verizon,sci.electronics.misc,alt.computer,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default What gadget/s can't you currently leave your home without and why ?

In article , MJKolodziej wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
What specific gadget/s (as in the brand and model) can't you
currently
(seriously or humorously) leave your home without and please say why,
for anything named. It's fine if anything mentioned is primarily
cell phone - mobile phone related, but it doesn't have to be.

American Express: because Karl Malden ingrained it in my head years ago.
mk
I could walk out of the house naked but I'd feel naked without my
Leatherman.

Cellphone - "Don't Go Anywhere Without It".

LED flashlight - because I am one of those eccentric parttime
electronics engineer kind of fellows, and I have a "day job" (though not
always daytime - sometimes it is nighttime) delivering sandwiches by
bicycle. And my eyes are approaching half a century old.
I wish that some cellphones were better as flashlights than ones that I
make some flashlight use of despite them not showing much of being design
to have such products used for such purpose.

I expect that a cellphone company could rake in within the next decade
much of a gigabuck if such company made cellphones at least as useful as
flashlights as being even useful as they are at being calculators.
(8-12 or so times ever since I first got a cellphone with "calculator
feature" [roughly 6-7 years ago] I used a cellphone as a calculator. In
that same time period I used my "brainiac" as a calculator roughly
1,000-plus times and I used calculators as calulators a goodly thousand
times.)

LED headlights do come in handy - and as far as I am concerned, better
when worn on one's head or helmet. I have a disliking to park outboard
thief-removable lighting modules and batteries (or generators) on exterior
of an outdoor-parked vehicle, and I can only park my bike indoors more
than 5 or so minutes a day when indoows is in my own home! When I park it
outdoors, I am often at the mercy of "U-locks" not locking anything
related to lighting!

- Don Klipstein )