Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default Cleaning morse taper in headstock

On 2008-12-07, Buerste wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 09:02:01 +0000, the infamous Mark Rand
scrawled the following:

On Sat, 6 Dec 2008 02:23:40 -0500, "Buerste" wrote:

4864A2

He He He :-)

Is Tawmy boy putting hexes on folks lately? tsk tsk tsk

HEY....McMaster's 4864a2 is the perfect thing to clean out the bore. OK,
it
just happens to be one of my inventions. I'd offer one to Ig but the
next
batch isn't scheduled for production until January and Old Tommy
Hubbart's
cupboard is bare.

I will definitely buy one Tom.

--
Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
inattention

If you want to wait until January, I'll send you a freebe.

The max RPM is rated at 1,800 when it's NOT inserted into a bore. You put
it in an air die grinder, insert it into a bore, then hit the throttle. The
spring compresses and the wire flares out like an umbrella. Then you run it
up and down the bore, it self centers. Kill the throttle and stop the die
grinder while it's still in the bore, the spring expands and encloses the
wire again, then pull the spring brush out.

I've tested these up to 2,600 free of a bore and it whips around and could
easily break and kill you if it were to run faster. Usually, the load on a
die grinder with the brush whipping around prevents the die grinder from
going very fast. It's one of those magic tools that works well when used
right but could be dangerous in the wrong hands...I won't let my nephew play
with one!

One of my better ideas, I sell about 5,000/month. (helps make up for my
many, many stupid ideas)