Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Cleaning morse taper in headstock

Ignoramus6679 wrote:

Thanks to Steve's, he lent me a MT5 test bar. It fits into MT5 opening
in the spindle. My problem is that there is some sort of crud (or
rust) in it and the bar does not seem to be well aligned. So I would
like to remove that crud by some non-intrusive means, any ideas how I can do
it without runing the accuracy potential of the spindle.

I'd try attacking it with water and a rag, then aromatic solvent and a rag, don't have
spindle under power if rag and finger are in the hole.

Then there is that green dishwashing pad if you want to step up the level of
agressiveness.

Wes