Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default A really bad piece of work.

On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 12:04:10 +0000, BigWallop wrote:

It is unbelievable that this is still happening. I thought you lot
talking about that Rogue Traders was just a laugh, but there really
needs to be someone who can police these sorts of jobs. Not on a random
basis, but have someone check it out after it's supposed to be complete.

I know you CORGI guys have to self police your works, but can't you get
the job of following up on any kitchen installation / renovations etc?
Because that is a killer waiting to happen.

By the book, (one of) the kitchen fitters is/are meant to have a CORGI
membership.

If the house was rented than annual inspections are mandatory. It would
almost certainly have been picked up.

If we come across stuff like this we have procedures to follow if we can't
fix things there and then.

Finally for really serious faults like this. We are required to report
them to the HSE who will try to find out who and stop them before someone
else does/might get hurt.

Isn't it lucky that the self seal plunger wasn't damaged.

yes because if it had failed to work the cooker would have remained
working until the end fell out.

Good luck with it, by the way. And good luck with your competition
entry, as well. :-)