Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default How to get a zipper back on track (must slip 3 "notches")?

I stupidly zipped up my coat when I hadn't perfectly
lined-up the bottom ends of the two sides.

(Actually, it's been acting up a bit (getting old?) and
the "male" left side bottom-end doesn't so easily and surely slip into
the matching "female" right side.)

Anyway, it's zipped up a couple of inches, but off by 3 or so
"notches" (due to that male-female problem).

Any idea on how to get it unzipped?

(Wife says "get a new winter jacket" -- but I *like* this
one, and besides Costco hasn't sold anything as good as it
for several years now. It's the best I've ever had -- best
made, etc.)

Ideas?

Thanks!

David