Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default Cleaning morse taper in headstock

Iggy,
You need to borrow a MT 5 finish reamer, thoroughly wet the bore with diesel
or kerosene and rotate the reamer lightly. I guess I should have anticipated
this and at least asked the question, sorry. I have one of those as well, if
you do not have a local source.
Steve

"Ignoramus6679" wrote in message
Thanks to Steve's, he lent me a MT5 test bar. It fits into MT5 opening
in the spindle. My problem is that there is some sort of crud (or
rust) in it and the bar does not seem to be well aligned. So I would
like to remove that crud by some non-intrusive means, any ideas how I can
do
it without runing the accuracy potential of the spindle.

--
Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
inattention