Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default Green Woodturning, Free Walnut

Mark Jerde wrote:
Thanks for all the replies. Didn't mean to take so long, but work and life
have been interfering with my woodworking! Sure beats being unemployed
though. ;-)

Making shavings is fun, but the *next* task is learning to sharpen the
starter-set HF chisels. Time to unpack the grinder.

-- Mark

Mark
I realize this is an answer to a non question, but for your own sake
make or buy a sharpening jig. I just helped a mill right (sp?) with one
and he can sharpen anything else but considers lathe tools a whole new
ball game. On the other hand, you may want to spend time learning to
sharpen, not turning wood :-) Anyway, to blow my own horn and I have
nothing to sell, try this http://aroundthewoods.com/sharpening01.html

Darrell Feltmate
http://aroundthewoods.com/