Posted to alt.home.repair

Default paint on a vinyl window?

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 12:08:38 -0800 (PST), ransley
wrote:

On Dec 3, 1:30Â*pm, "bill allemann"
wrote:
will any type of painting process hold on the interior side of a vinyl
window frame?

thanks,
bill

XIM has a plastic primer sold at real paint stores, I dont know about
vinyl but look online, I used it for auto trim.

There are obviously some out there, because you can buy vinyl windows
painted on the outside, as well as painted on the inside, or painted
both sides, from some companies.

I believe Krylon makes a compatible producr. So does Plasticote.
Colours will be limitted.

Automotive finish with the "flexane" adittive used on urethane bumpers
should also work, but preparation is important and critical.