Posted to sci.electronics.misc,alt.computer,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Caveat Caveat is offline

Default What gadget/s can't you currently leave your home without and why ?

"Steve" wrote in message
What specific gadget/s (as in the brand and model) can't you
currently
(seriously or humorously) leave your home without and please say why,
for anything named. It's fine if anything mentioned is primarily
cell
phone - mobile phone related, but it doesn't have to be.

In my life so far I have installed WANs (Cisco routers, microwave radios,
work with T-1s T-3s and up to OC-48 and Fore/Marconi ATM switches - install
hardware and do the programming), install and do M.A.C.s of PBXs (Nortel
Option 81c, Opt. 11c, Callpilot, etc. - install and do the programming), ran
a computer repair department (both PCs and APPLE Macs), repair TVs, VCRs and
Pioneer Laser Disc units and worked in the prototype department of a LORAN-C
manufacturer, worked in a plastics chemistry lab and designed assembly lines
complete with the programming and installation of programmable controllers,
plus other experiences. In college I studied such things as Psychology,
mechanical engeniering, physics, ergonomics and human factors ( human -
machine interactions ) and math. Thus, I am no stranger to High-Tech..

My wife is a gadget person and has a blog, a facebook page, an iPhone, etc.
and thinks I'm strange because I seldom even use a cell phone, I pay bills
by checks through the mail, don't like to buy anything unless I have the
cash for it (almost never use credit cards) and seldom watch TV or listen to
the radio.

After all that, I have to say that, though it may be ironic, I can't think
of anything that I would feel bad about leaving at home.

I would personally be happy if I could live a simple life, ride a horse or
my mt bike to work and look forward to only having a good book and good
dinner to come home to.

As far as gadgets go, I can't think of anything since the late 1800's that I
would feel bad about leaving at home.

Sorry for cutting the number of NGs to four but my host sucks and limits it
to 4 max..