Bay Area Dave

Default router lift

I've got a PRL. I decided to get the 16 pitch thread instead of the 32
pitch, because moving the thing up/down takes a long time with the 32.
I'm glad I got it. There is no backlash at all in the lift mechanism,
so you can set the height PRECISELY. Just remember; it ain't cheap!
The competing brand uses a belt and I looked it over very carefully at
the Sacramento WW show earlier this year. The salesman said it doesn't
have backlash. IT DOES! LOTS! That turned me off, even though the rest
of it is very well built. As a matter of fact, IMO, it's better built
(overall) than the PRL, BUT the belt drive was unacceptable to me.

Hope this helps.

dave

Jim Neuman wrote:

I am considering buying a router lift table insert system. Anybody have a
recommendation as to which one?