Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveBell SteveBell is offline

Default paint on a vinyl window?

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

I used Krylon Fusion on an inexpensive plastic patio set like this:

http://www.btinternet.com/~hognosesa...asticchair.gif

It took something like 6 - 8 cans to do 4 chairs and the 4' diameter
table.

It looked pretty good for the first season, but then it started to
chip. I touched it all up with a few more cans but it started to flake
off after a few months.

Tip: don't try to knock a block of ice off the chair seat. Most of the
paint stuck to the ice, not the chair.

The lack of adhesion is likely due to Krylon misleading you into
insufficient preparation. Krylon's claim of "prep unneeded"
notwithstanding, nothing will stick very well to the layer of oxidized
plastic that covers the good plastic underneath, because the oxidation
itself doesn't stick.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement