Posted to rec.woodworking
Chuck Olson[_2_] Chuck Olson[_2_] is offline

Default Spacing of guide holes in the 3-hole Kreg Pocket Hole Jig?

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Chuck Olson wrote:
If anyone has the kit that contains the 3-hole guide jig, I'd really like
to know the actual spacing.

I have the jig, but never cared to measure them.

When I need one hole, I use the center opening. When I need two, I use
the outside holes. Since you're I'm not making a mating piece, I haven't
run into a situation where some sort of precision spacing is necessary,
like it would be when doweling. Maybe someone else has...

If I remember, I'll measure it next time I've got it out.

Right, and I'm sure that's the reason why Kreg never pins it down on their
website - - but sometimes you might need to buy stock that's compatible with
tooling, so knowing tooling dimensions could be useful. Also it's worthwhile
to know what the manufacturer decides is a useful spacing for a couple of
fasteners into a 2x2 for adequate strength, which is one way to interpret
the 7/8" spacing. Thanks for your comment.