Scott Brownell

Default Want Opinions on sliding compound miter saw

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." wrote:

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:27:08 -0400, Scott Brownell
wrote:

The Delta 36-240 & 250 definitely allow you to set the depth of cut.
While you're right about no dado blades I've used my 250 to nibble away
dados in 1x & 2x with no problems.

I have the same saw, I never even knew it had a depth of cut setting.

After I did the ol' RTFM, I'm a bit unconvinced about it's accuracy.

I'm sure it would be fine for roughing a half-lap joint for framing,
but how would it work for fine stuff?

Barry

It just takes a couple of minutes to set up. I've used it for both
framing & finish trim applications with excellent results. If I had alot
to do then I'd definitely use a router or dado in the TS but for just a
couple then it's a no-brainer to just use the SCMS. Try it sometime.

Scott
up later, the damage remains.