Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Toshiba TV model 27A44, Regulated B+ Info

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 14:56:54 GMT, (Brad) put
finger to keyboard and composed:

130V is very common in my experience, but can someone tell me what the
regulated B+ should be in this model TV?

I can't help with your particular model, but I recently had to
determine the B+ voltage for a supermarket branded 34cm TV. The B+
capacitor was rated at 250V but the B+ was measuring only 103V. It
turned out that this was correct.

What I did was to trace out the circuit around the optocoupler between
the primary and secondary sides of the switching transformer. The
voltage sensing IC was a TL431.

2.5V

B+ o-- R2 --o-- TL431 -- to optocoupler

R1
_|_
=

In the circuit above, the value of B+ can be computed from ...

B+ = (1 + R2/R1) x 2.5

- Franc Zabkar