Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Stuart Wheaton Stuart Wheaton is offline

Default What is it? Set 260

E Z Peaces wrote:
Stuart Wheaton wrote:

If it were being used for fuel, wouldn't there be an
oxygen tank beside it?

those are in the truck bed.

If the orange tank were acetylene, having a place to lash it would show
that the truck was outfitted for gas welding. In that case, why isn't
it outfitted with a place to lash oxygen tanks as OSHA requires? It's
more convenient as well as safer. Oxygen tanks contain a lot more
pressure than acetylene tanks.

Looking again, there is probably space between the water barrel and the
acetylene tank for an oxy tank. Otherwise, I'd guess that the rig is
portable and he stores the acetylene vertical so he doesn't need to wait
an hour for the liquid to settle before use. I'd also guess he can
carry empty oxy tanks any way he wants to.

Stuart