Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT latest eBay shakeup

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 14:52:02 -0800, the infamous "Jon Danniken"
scrawled the following:

"Wild_Bill" wrote:

But then some sellers insist on Immediate Payment Required, which I mostly
avoid, so I'm not sure what the specific time, or other requirements there
are for those purchases.

I've never had a problem e-mailing a seller and asking if they would take a
non-payscam payment, even when they list it as such. A few have ignored the
request, and lost my business, but everyone else has said, "sure, no
problem." I do send payment the day after the auction closes, and inform
them of such, which reduces the amount of hassle they have to deal with.

It never hurts to ask.

I've asked before bidding, and many which say "No PayPal" will accept
it when asked specifically. Occasionally, I've bid and then seen that
they wanted a money order as payment. Most will accept Paypal or a
check if asked, too, and they won't wait 10 days before shipping. My
long eBay history helps, I'm sure.

-- George Bernard Shaw