Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Removing Ivy from Wood Siding

cybercat wrote:
We've pulled most of it off, and have just the remnants of the
suckers. This stuff essentially began to grow IN to the wood. The
house was painted a few years ago, but will need it again soon.
What's the best way to get this residue off?

And, is there a better way to get the living ivy off, that might
leave less residue? All we did was pull it from the bottom, then
scrape the residue with a steel scraper.

We've had the best luck killing the stuff first with Roundup.

I think as ivy dies, it withers a bit and is easier to pull off.