Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tecumseh starter/engine update

On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 08:41:01 -0800, Winston
wrote:

stryped wrote:
(...)

What do you mean? I have the enigne in my garage. I fixed the starter
thanks to you guys help last night. I was hoping all I needed was a
connecting rod but I wanted everyone elses advice as to weather this
is a good idea or not. (To rebuild verses replace).

If you are *really* bored and need a long term hobby, by all means repair.

If you want to till soil, replace the motor.
As Karl said, make an adapter if necessary and git'er done.

--Winston

I'd be fixing it unless I had a spare that was a close fit right at
hand. Not rocket science. Buy a replacement rod and piston ass'y and
go for it.