Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc
Peter Hucker Peter Hucker is offline

Default RFID chips

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 21:18:49 -0000, Eeyore wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Peter Hucker wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
Peter Hucker wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:

Ours dont look like either of those, it`s just a flat disk.
Ah it`s like the last example at http://www.g6phf.co.uk/site/?p=63
That page wouldn`t open for me at first

Ah yes, the thin one.

I just checked my wheelie bins. They've just introduced them here (St
Albans) a black one and a green one. No RFIDS in the circular cut-out in
those.

I did hear somewhere that one council has given up on using them because
they were unreliable and the crews had to keep manually entering nul
values, slowing down the collections !

Surely the system could just enter no result if it can't read it?

Apparently no-one was clever enough to think of that. Maybe the idea was for the binmen to
estimate the weight ? They don't have the time so they enter zero instead.

Surely the weight is measured by the lifting arm and would always work. The RFID chip is for determining the owner of the bin.

Silly me. Misreporting at fault there. So I suppose they had to enter the street address.

I doubt a binman is capable of such a thing.

Hence the delays ! I gather a councillor actually went out on a round with them to confirm all this. Astonishing for one of our
elected representatives to do anything so resourceful ! Of course maybe it was because all the RFID tags had been removed / zapped ?

I want to see the look of dismay as he realised his spying plan was going down the drain.

A nun and a priest were crossing the Sahara desert on a camel.
On the third day out the camel suddenly dropped dead without warning.
After dusting themselves off, the nun and the priest surveyed their situation.
After a long period of silence, the priest spoke. "Well, sister, this looks pretty grim."
"I know, father. In fact, I don't think it likely that we can survive more than a day or two."
"I agree", says the Father, "Sister, since we are unlikely to make it out of here alive, would you do something for me?"
"Anything, Father."
"I have never seen a woman's breasts and I was wondering if I might see yours."
"Well, under the circumstances I don't see that it would do any harm."
The nun opened her habit and the priest enjoyed the sight of her shapely breasts, commenting frequently on their beauty.
"Sister, would you mind if I touched them? She consented and he fondled them for several minutes.
"Father, could I ask something of you?"
"Yes, Sister?"
"I have never seen a man's penis. Could I see yours?"
"I suppose that would be OK," the priest replied lifting his robe.
"Oh Father, may I touch it?" The priest consented and after a few minutes of fondling he was sporting a huge erection.
"Sister, you know that if I insert my penis in the right place, it can give life."
"Is that true father?"
"Yes, it is, Sister."
"Oh Father that's wonderful, stick it in the camel and let's get the hell out of here.