Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_2_] stryped[_2_] is offline

Default Tecumseh starter/engine update

On Dec 2, 10:41*am, Winston wrote:
stryped wrote:

(...)

What do you mean? I have the enigne in my garage. I fixed the starter
thanks to you guys help last night. I was hoping all I needed was a
connecting rod but I wanted everyone elses advice as to weather this
is a good idea or not. (To rebuild verses replace).

If you are *really* bored and need a long term hobby, by all means repair..

If you want to till soil, replace the motor.
As Karl said, make an adapter if necessary and git'er done.

--Winston

I wont need to "till soil" until summer but are you sayign this is a
waste of time?

By the way, to those who dont believe there are bearings, here is a
schematic: http://www.outdoordistributors.com/p...60-75413J-PART

They may be imbedded in the rod, I dont know but I dont see any on
here like go in a car enigine.