Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_2_] stryped[_2_] is offline

Default Tecumseh starter/engine update

On Dec 2, 9:30*am, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
stryped fired this volley in news:4f60f945-
:

This engine uses no rod bearings I dont think and the rod that was

in
it disintegrated at the bottom so there is not any "rod cap" left.

So WTF? *You're fixing the starter on an engine that YOU couldn't make
run on a bet?

If you can't figure out a Bendix, how to you expect to rebuild the
engine?

(Oh... I know: *You're going to ask us to do it by remote control --
you're the waldo, and we're the hands...)

LLoyd

What do you mean? I have the enigne in my garage. I fixed the starter
thanks to you guys help last night. I was hoping all I needed was a
connecting rod but I wanted everyone elses advice as to weather this
is a good idea or not. (To rebuild verses replace).