Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default OT latest eBay shakeup

The rules and restrictions for selling are approaching the dumbfoundedness
of the US tax code.

It's been said before that the direction eBay is choosing, is to be a huge
membership of high volume power sellers, that in reality offer nothing but
throw-away cheap crap, that I can get locally if I wanted it.

I do enjoy finding a lot of cool crap that the smaller sellers pick up at
places I can't get to (an auction/liquidation across the country).

When the interesting stuff is gone because the smaller sellers are forced
out, eBay will very likely become an online version of a Chinese city
marketplace.

But then again (most of ?) American consumerism is about buying products
that insure the job security of the waste management companies.

--
WB
metalworking projects

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 20:45:14 -0500, the infamous Pete Keillor
scrawled the following:

Sounds like me. Looks like I'm done with ebay. I haven't been on
there in a while anyway.

I continue to find excellent buys at eBay in a vast array of niches:
clothes, hardware, software, electronics, computer, books, music,
woodworking, metalworking, etc., but I hate what they're becoming.
Damn, how can they continue shooting themselves in the feet like that?
They're -voluntarily- expunging millions of loyal customers. Maroons.

After hearing horror stories (nobody I know has ever had a problem
with account freezes from them) about PayPal, I opened a separate free
bank account specifically for PayPal. No problems in 6 years with
that, either.

--
The only difference between a rut and a grave...is in their dimensions.
-- Ellen Glasglow