Posted to uk.d-i-y
BigWallop[_2_] BigWallop[_2_] is offline

Default Only Fools & Handymen...

BigWallop wrote:

snipped
any other alternative.

Indeed. Shortly after I moved here, my next door neighbour..well half a
mile away, nearly burnt to the ground. It was a thousand year old manor
house being restored, and no one is clear on exactly what happened, but
plumbing work was going on at the time. Whether something was left
smoldering, or electrical work was damaged, I don't recall.

But there was a huge tussle between the house insurers and the liability
insurers of the contractors.

I nearly burnt down the North Vietnamese embassy, in London once.

It was emty, except for some pretty high class squatters, who held a

party.

It had underfloor warm air heating installed, and grids along the
beautiful wooden floor edges. And I dropped a cigarette down one..

Only my quick thinking and a can of Newcastle Brown saved this valuable
building from destruction ;-)

It wasn't the consumption of too many Newkie Brews, that caused you to drop
the ciggy in the first place, was it? :-)