Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Filters on CH Primary?

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
Indeed. Why spend all that time and money when chems can stop the
problem in the first place?

The pragmatic answer is probably twofold; one when you inherit a system
where preventative care was not taken,

Proper cleaning then more chems is the answer there too.

and secondly there may be some
contaminants that will be unaffected by inhibitor etc and missed with
the initial flushing during installation.

Such as?

(having said that, I put a strainer on the return when I did my last
boiler - in the following two years it collected one small particle of
grit in total, and that was on old pipework and rads of indeterminate
age/condition)

Indeed.

--
*Corduroy pillows are making headlines.