Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Exterior Door Weather Stripping

On Mon 01 Dec 2008 10:45:39p, Red Green told us...

Wayne Boatwright wrote in
5.247:

We have two pre-hung exterior entry doors that have “bulb” type
weather stripping that is held in place by an attached spline inserted
into a slot in the door frame. We’re not getting a good seal,
although the door has been adjusted for maximum closure.

I don’t want to have to undergo any structural modifications, and am
considering installing an exterior weather strip like the one shown on
this link.

Any opinions, pro or con, or other suggestions?

TIA

http://www.amconservationgroup.com/s...s.asp?idCatego
ry= 195

Any chance of posting a pic of what you have, especially the channel? May
get some better suggestions. Then again, maybe everyone already knows

what
you're talking about...except me.

I’ll get a digital picture of the door jamb and weather stripping tomorrow.

Thanks!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Monday, 12(XII)/01(I)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Christmas Day
3wks 2dys 1hrs 10mins
If the government doesn't trust the people, why doesn't it dissolve
them and elect a new people?