Jim K

Default Band saw choice

I just got the Grizzly 14" Ultimate (marketing hype here) band saw and
turned it on last night. So far so good. No vibration, easy to put
together, looks solid (about 190 pounds) and is VERY quiet. I've cut
some 1/16 sheets off a 2x4 just playing around today and have been
happy so far -- of course, in a couple of years, I may be regreting
the choice, but so far it seems to do what I need.

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:04:31 -0500, "Lionel"
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:08:29 -0500, "Lionel"
wrote:

Got any info on how to choose a good band saw, wondering what rpm, blade,
size would be good for ripping oak branches up to 4" in diameter?

Up to 4" logs, most of the "home workshop" grade 14" (wheel diameter)
bandsaws will happily saw them.