Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Stubborn 3mm screws

In article ,
Fred McKenzie wrote:
But Pozi screws are now
somewhat more universal than Phillips for all the design reasons stated. I
can hardly remember when I last had to use a Phillips driver.

I've been using a #1 Phillips driver for the case screws on my Icom and
Kenwood Ham Radio equipment. It seems to work OK, as long as I use a
driver that hasn't had its tip rounded.

Does anyone know if these particular screws are actually PoziDrive?

In theory Pozidriv screws should be identified by an engraved cross on the
head - but I'm not sure this is always done with bright finish ones
designed to be seen.

--
*Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.