Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron Johnson[_2_] Ron Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default Stubborn 3mm screws

Fred McKenzie wrote:
In article ,
Eeyore wrote:

But Pozi screws are now
somewhat more universal than Phillips for all the design reasons stated. I
can hardly remember when I last had to use a Phillips driver.

I've been using a #1 Phillips driver for the case screws on my Icom and
Kenwood Ham Radio equipment. It seems to work OK, as long as I use a
driver that hasn't had its tip rounded.

Does anyone know if these particular screws are actually PoziDrive?

I don't know if it`s always the case with chinese made screws, but a
true posidrive screw should have an embossed X on the head at 45 degrees
to the X formed by the slots.

Ron(UK)