Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default OT but current! Auto executives to Washington, again.

On 12/01/08 12:40 pm PanHandler wrote:

Here's something else to think about:
Ford has spent the last thirty years moving all its factories out of the
US, claiming they can't make money paying American wages.

TOYOTA has spent the last thirty years building more than a dozen plants
inside the US .

The last quarter's results:
TOYOTA makes $4 billion in profits while Ford racked up $9 billion in
losses.
Ford folks are still scratching their heads.

Ford -- and GM and Chrysler -- are at the same disadvantage as the Brits
were at the end of WWII vis-a-vis Germany. The Brits still had their old
factories. The Brits had already done the Germans' demolition work for
them, and the latter could start over with new plants.

Do the Big 3's plants run as efficiently as Toyota's, for example? I've
toured Toyota's Georgetown KY plant, and it seemed remarkably efficient.
I don't doubt that some components were shipped in, but other than that
it seemed that huge coils of steel came in one end and finished cars
came out the other.

Perce