Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc
Peter Hucker Peter Hucker is offline

Default RFID chips

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 20:33:12 -0000, Eeyore wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Peter Hucker wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:

Ours dont look like either of those, it`s just a flat disk.
Ah it`s like the last example at http://www.g6phf.co.uk/site/?p=63
That page wouldn`t open for me at first

Ah yes, the thin one.

I just checked my wheelie bins. They've just introduced them here (St
Albans) a black one and a green one. No RFIDS in the circular cut-out in
those.

I did hear somewhere that one council has given up on using them because
they were unreliable and the crews had to keep manually entering nul
values, slowing down the collections !

Surely the system could just enter no result if it can't read it?

Apparently no-one was clever enough to think of that. Maybe the idea was for the binmen to
estimate the weight ? They don't have the time so they enter zero instead.

Surely the weight is measured by the lifting arm and would always work. The RFID chip is for determining the owner of the bin.

Silly me. Misreporting at fault there. So I suppose they had to enter the street address.

I doubt a binman is capable of such a thing.

I consider exercise vulgar. It makes people smell.