Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic Michael Koblic is offline

Default About finding stuff in the shop; Real machinists need pay no attention.

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Dec 1, 11:25 am, Ignoramus14497 ignoramus14...@NOSPAM.
14497.invalid wrote:
What helps for me is to go through my stuff once in a while, open all
drawers and see what is there,. etc.

I do that before making the rounds of all the local second-hand
stores, to remember what I have and what I could use. It also reminds
me where everything is. I usually take a 4" dial caliper, a Morse 2
sleeve and a copy of my threaded lathe spindle.

And a magnet and a tape measure...
And my PDA with the listings of all the prices of stuff and the dealers.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC