Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus14497 Ignoramus14497 is offline

Default OT latest eBay shakeup

On 2008-12-01, Terry Coombs wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:
rigger wrote:
On Dec 1, 8:52?am, Ignoramus14497 ignoramus14...@NOSPAM.
14497.invalid wrote:
Here is why I hate the "paypal only" policy despite accepting
paypal.

I sell a lot of stuff that is picked up locally. Paypal gives me no
seller protection if a buyer pays via paypal, picks up, and later
claims that "item was not delivered". In such a case, they would
refund the buyer without question. They require a tracking number
from UPS or USPS as proof of delivery. Signed statements "item
picked up in described condition" mean nothing to them. So they are
demanding that I accept payments and expose myself to buyer fraud.
All so that they can make extra bucks on the paypal fees.

I didn't know thing were that shakey. If I have someone
do a pick-up in the future I'll be sure to have them sign
beneath a copy of their drivers license. That might help.

Why not just take cash and be done with it? What's a copy of a drivers
license going to do for you?

Show proof of who picked it up ! Even if they pay cash , ebay/paypal can
make you refund the money to their account .

I used to do what Cydrome leader suggested, which is to specify "cash
only on local pickup". I believe that this is no longer acceptable.

Indeed, if they pay cash, they cannot get a refund from ebay or
paypal, but only have recourse to the seller. Usually, on local
pickups they are able to ascertain the condition of the item so that
there are no disputes later.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/