Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default OT latest eBay shakeup

Cydrome Leader wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:
rigger wrote:
On Dec 1, 8:52?am, Ignoramus14497 ignoramus14...@NOSPAM.
14497.invalid wrote:
Here is why I hate the "paypal only" policy despite accepting
paypal.

I sell a lot of stuff that is picked up locally. Paypal gives me
no seller protection if a buyer pays via paypal, picks up, and
later claims that "item was not delivered". In such a case, they
would refund the buyer without question. They require a tracking
number from UPS or USPS as proof of delivery. Signed statements
"item picked up in described condition" mean nothing to them. So
they are demanding that I accept payments and expose myself to
buyer fraud. All so that they can make extra bucks on the paypal
fees.

I didn't know thing were that shakey. If I have someone
do a pick-up in the future I'll be sure to have them sign
beneath a copy of their drivers license. That might help.

Why not just take cash and be done with it? What's a copy of a
drivers license going to do for you?

Show proof of who picked it up ! Even if they pay cash ,
ebay/paypal can make you refund the money to their account .

paypal will make you refund money they never changed hands in the
first place?

How does this work?

He tells ebay he never received the item . ebay forces the refund ... not
sure if it matters that he didn't pay thru paypal .
I could be wrong , I have been before ...
--
Snag
sometimes ya gotta