Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default "How does a starter work" question.

stryped fired this volley in
:

Do I just remove the dust cap that is ahead of the pinion gear and
lube that? I have a feelign it wont be just that easy to fix. I bet

it
has not worked in 20 years.

Stryped, maybe it's just me who feels this way, but I'm betting not:
Why don't you just engage in a little "informative destruction", and
take the damned thing apart?

We can't fix it for you over the internet. You can't learn anything
about the mechanism from our posts that hasn't already been posted.

Are you too lazy, or just too afraid to work on something you might
fix? If you break it, you replace it. If you don't, you'll probably
have fixed it by the time it's back together.

Just be glad you don't have one of the Teh "starterator" rigs. You'd
be clear up **** creek having us try to describe how that thing works.

LLoyd