Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT latest eBay shakeup

Terry Coombs wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:
rigger wrote:
On Dec 1, 8:52?am, Ignoramus14497 ignoramus14...@NOSPAM.
14497.invalid wrote:
Here is why I hate the "paypal only" policy despite accepting
paypal.

I sell a lot of stuff that is picked up locally. Paypal gives me no
seller protection if a buyer pays via paypal, picks up, and later
claims that "item was not delivered". In such a case, they would
refund the buyer without question. They require a tracking number
from UPS or USPS as proof of delivery. Signed statements "item
picked up in described condition" mean nothing to them. So they are
demanding that I accept payments and expose myself to buyer fraud.
All so that they can make extra bucks on the paypal fees.

I didn't know thing were that shakey. If I have someone
do a pick-up in the future I'll be sure to have them sign
beneath a copy of their drivers license. That might help.

Why not just take cash and be done with it? What's a copy of a drivers
license going to do for you?

Show proof of who picked it up ! Even if they pay cash , ebay/paypal can
make you refund the money to their account .

paypal will make you refund money they never changed hands in the first
place?

How does this work?