Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus14497 Ignoramus14497 is offline

Default OT latest eBay shakeup

On 2008-12-01, rigger wrote:
On Dec 1, 8:52?am, Ignoramus14497 ignoramus14...@NOSPAM.
14497.invalid wrote:
Here is why I hate the "paypal only" policy despite accepting
paypal.

I sell a lot of stuff that is picked up locally. Paypal gives me no
seller protection if a buyer pays via paypal, picks up, and later
claims that "item was not delivered". In such a case, they would
refund the buyer without question. They require a tracking number from
UPS or USPS as proof of delivery. Signed statements "item picked up in
described condition" mean nothing to them. So they are demanding that
I accept payments and expose myself to buyer fraud. All so that they
can make extra bucks on the paypal fees.

I didn't know thing were that shakey. If I have someone
do a pick-up in the future I'll be sure to have them sign
beneath a copy of their drivers license. That might help.

Dennis, yes, I think that it does help.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/