Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chipboard floors

Invisible Man wrote:
Slider wrote:
Hi

Need to sort out some creaking chipboard floors before having new
carpets laid. I think the creak is from the joint (tongue and
groove) between two boards. I am thinking about cutting the joint
and just filling it with PVA wood glue. Or, I may cut a patch out and
refit adding some noggins for support.

To do the cutting (either just the tongue/groove joint or take a
section out) I am thinking of buying a Bosch PMF-180 multi-tool. Don't
want to cut a hole and use a jigsaw and I am unsure of elec
cables / CH pipes etc. Any thoughts?

I usually fix creaking by putting a few more fixing screws in. Should
have done so before our lounge diner carpet was laid. Keeps sounding
like I am f**ting as I walk through the double doors between the two
rooms.

Disguise this DIY blunder by actually farting as you walk through the doors.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk