Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT but current! Auto executives to Washington, again.

On Dec 1, 7:57�am, terry wrote:
Item, somewhat tongue in cheek, on radio here.

Executives of the big three auto companies are going to Washington
again this week to lobby the government for a bail (hand?) out.

In view of the bad publicity they engendered last time by flying in
individually in their private company jets they will drive.

Fortunately the Toyota company has enough fuel efficient vehicles on
hand to lend them for the trip.

There that seems to say it all. Eh?

If General Motors et-al �want to survive they should make Toyotas..
Other companies around the world have done similar things. From China
there were numerous cheap versions of older model Toyota pickups, with
four cylinder engines, for example, running around Middle Eastern
countries.
Costing a few thousand dollars they are cheap and efficient in
countries where gasoline can cost as little as the equivalent of 50
cents per US gallon!

India is starting to produce cars that will cost between $2500 and
$5000 in various versions. The antics of the Big Three would seem to
have ignored the needs of those and also the needs of the European
market?

truly exactly HOW will GM compete with a brand new vehicle under 3
grand? and make a profit?

foreign countries like china and india have nearly no environmental,
worker benefits, and safefy laws.

when the big 3 fail they will be bought cheap, not to produce
anything.

just for their dealer network, to support the influx of vehicles we
are about to see.

shouldnt imported products meet the same laws our country has?

if not we are just exporting the pollution, 11 years olds working in
factories, people expected to die on jobs. read awhile ago 40,000 died
last year mining coal in china.

that coal helped vproduce the dirt cheap products entering our country
today

to compete are standard of living is going to have drop a long way