Posted to uk.d-i-y
slider slider is offline

Default Chipboard floors

Hi

Need to sort out some creaking chipboard floors before having new carpets
laid. I think the creak is from the joint (tongue and groove) between two
boards. I am thinking about cutting the joint and just filling it with PVA
wood glue. Or, I may cut a patch out and refit adding some noggins for
support.

To do the cutting (either just the tongue/groove joint or take a section
out) I am thinking of buying a Bosch PMF-180 multi-tool. Don't want to cut
a hole and use a jigsaw and I am unsure of elec cables / CH pipes etc.

Any thoughts?