B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Default Want Opinions on sliding compound miter saw

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:50:05 -0700, "JackD" wrote:

I would imagine that the people asking the question generally would want it
to be portable.
Otherwise they would be looking at an RAS right?

Not in my case. I bought an SCMS for stationary use in my shop. I
have a table saw for ripping, dadoing, and extra-precision
crosscutting.

My SCMS is usually used for roughing lumber to length, and crosscuts
when precision beyond a 64'th isn't necessary. I occasionally move
it, but not to the extent that moving a RAS would be a huge problem.
My SCMS is set up with dust hood, board supports, etc...

Barry