Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Soluble coolant and freezing temp

Seal and properly insulate the garage, Ig. The warmer temps in the garage
will reduce heat loss from your living space.

If you feel that you don't have, or can't find the the time to do the job,
consider the wasted time posting crap in RCM concerning various delegates
and world events.

--
WB
metalworking projects

"Ignoramus13690" wrote in message
I am worried about coolant freezing in my cold saw, accidentally.

This is northern Illinois, so temperatures of 0 to -5F are not
uncommon. How can I make soluble oil (20 or 30:1 ratio) a little bit
more freeze proof. Is there something that I can add to it, like
ethylene glycol, without the risk of ruining the pump, seals,
bearings, or anything else. My garage is attached, so it rarely gets
below freezing, but when that happens, I do not want to be caught.

--
Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
inattention