Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default AR15 evaluation

I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner Asch
wrote on Fri, 28 Nov 2008 13:36:01 -0800
in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 12:10:48 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Soot from any source is an excellent choice since it can easily be wiped
off after shooting and re-applied as needed without damaging the finish.

But not something you want to try to apply while laying prone in a
hayfield.

A standard Bic type disposable lighter (you as a survivalist do carry
one, right?)

Strike anywhere matches. But I'm revising my stash, what with
where I live and now travel.

will soot up sights pretty well. Simply put the sight into
the orange part of the flame, at the tip of the flame front. It will
soot up nicely, though much slower than the old carbide lamp and not as
well.

Gunner

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania

--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!