Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus13690 Ignoramus13690 is offline

Default Soluble coolant and freezing temp

On 2008-12-01, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus13690 wrote:

I am worried about coolant freezing in my cold saw, accidentally.

I thought your shop was attached to the house. Have you monitored how cold it gets in
there? Is there a place in the base where you can stick a small light bulb for heat?

I don't remember what your saw looks like so my last comment may be useless.

The garage is attached and it very rarely goes below the freezing
point. Maybe twice a year. Maybe, once would be when it is very cold
outside, and another time would be when I leave the garage open for
long, possibly accidentally. But even once is enough to ruin the cold
saw's pump.

I am not too worried about water freezing in the sump. But I am
worried about it freezing in the pump. Maybe I should do something to
dry the pump after every use.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/