Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus13690 Ignoramus13690 is offline

Default Soluble coolant and freezing temp

On 2008-11-30, Gary Owens wrote:
Put a fish tank heater in the tank.
and what about the liquid stuck in the pump itself?
It freezes, expands and cracks the pump housing.

Obviously you have to install a permanent heater in the shop to keep
things at a reasonable temp so you can work on projects all winter.

I was hoping to find some anti-freezing agent, like ethylene glycol,
that would be oil and seal friendly.

Do you even know if you have a problem yet?

Iggy, pull a sample of your coolant and pop it in the freezer. There's
a decent chance that the soluble oil will drop the freezing point enough
for you.

No point in solving a non-existent problem.

Seems like a great idea. I will definitely try.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/