Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Stubborn 3mm screws

Jamie t wrote in message
N_Cook wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote in message

In article ,
Eeyore wrote:

I use Stanley screwdrivers almost exclusively for serious work. There's
a particular series with a very comfortable asymmetric moulded handle
that is normally red (including the Phillips versions) but the Pozi
versions are all a slightly dark blue to aid immediate identification.

Stanley these days are pretty mediocre. Plenty of much better makes. A

set
of screwdrivers from Lidl etc is likely to last longer for a fraction of
the cost. But if you want good stuff, try Wera. But you'll need to go to

decent tool supplier for them.

--
*A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

ah, decent tool supplier. I went to my otherwise respected decades
residency, local engineering tool supplier , a couple of years back. A
middle aged bloke on the counter, not teenager. I asked what range of

small
size left hand drill bits they had - he thought I was taking the ****,

like
asking for long stands, golden rivets etc.

( used in drills with reverse action for drilling out and often

releasing,
in the process, seized screws , broken studes etc )

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

We call them Easy outs over here.

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"

Not the same thing at all, other than having LH thread of sorts. That's what
you use after drilling a hole, but what do you use for say 4mm studs/busted
or seized screws ? - LH drill bits.

Where I used to work there was a full set of LH bits in a case covered in
hazard tape and warning messages.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England